login info join!
Forums > Critique > New pictures up - first mature model! Search   Reply
Photographer
Skin Deep Boudoir
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom

This is my first time shooting a mature model - my beautiful, 58 year old mother I'd really appreciate any feedback I could get on them! They are on my profile in a public album. Thank you!
Jan 05 12 11:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M A R L H A M
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom

She seems to be clenching her lips tightly which makes her appear a little tense.
Jan 05 12 02:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dcsmooth
Detroit, Michigan, US

I think the images are very flattering to her, she is positive proof that true beauty has no age. I agree that she does appear to be a bit too tense in a couple of them, which is not unusual for someone not used to being photographed in lingerie that is intended to be sensual. Sometimes it takes a while for people to become comfortable in those circumstances even if it is a family member like yourself doing the photography.

Mature models are among my favorites, I work with them quite often. The oldest I ever did boudoir with is considerably older than your mother, she saw the boudoir shots I had done of her granddaughter and wanted to do a similar session herself.
Jan 05 12 05:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L Bass
Nacogdoches, Texas, US

Personally, I think she's a beautiful lady and you did a fine job with your camera. One shot in particular stood out IMO, so I commented on it. . Congrats to you both on a job well done!
Jan 05 12 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Skin Deep Boudoir

GlamPixels wrote:
She seems to be clenching her lips tightly which makes her appear a little tense.

If I'm honest she just has very thin, pursed lips, but I think she was a lot more nervous than she made out to be so I do agree with you...I'll pay a lot more attention to it in future! Thank you smile

Jan 06 12 01:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Skin Deep Boudoir

dcsmooth wrote:
I think the images are very flattering to her, she is positive proof that true beauty has no age. I agree that she does appear to be a bit too tense in a couple of them, which is not unusual for someone not used to being photographed in lingerie that is intended to be sensual. Sometimes it takes a while for people to become comfortable in those circumstances even if it is a family member like yourself doing the photography.

Mature models are among my favorites, I work with them quite often. The oldest I ever did boudoir with is considerably older than your mother, she saw the boudoir shots I had done of her granddaughter and wanted to do a similar session herself.

Oh thank you! Yeah it's the first time she's done anything like this and she's really not body confident in the slightest and I think that came across more than I meant it to.

I was terrified haha, most of the people who model for me are very young (18 - 21) and when I came to retouching I wasn't sure how to tackle it! Thank you very much though smile

Jan 06 12 01:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Skin Deep Boudoir

L Bass wrote:
Personally, I think she's a beautiful lady and you did a fine job with your camera. One shot in particular stood out IMO, so I commented on it. . Congrats to you both on a job well done!

Aaaahh thank you! smile You've made my day haha!

Jan 06 12 01:13 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Loria Harrison
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, US

Skin Deep Boudoir wrote:
This is my first time shooting a mature model - my beautiful, 58 year old mother I'd really appreciate any feedback I could get on them! They are on my profile in a public album. Thank you!

I COMMENTED ON AND LISTED THIS IMAGE IN MY BEAUTIFUL B&W'S LIST!

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120102/04/4f01a89e8cbed.jpg

You're mother is lovely, you're photography is great.

thanks,
Loria

Jan 06 12 07:23 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply

main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers